Thursday, July 7, 2016

Standardized Tests are not recommended

For my final commentary, I chose the article “S.A.T.’s are B.A.D”, written in Life and Liberty blog. I agree with my colleague because I don't think standardized tests are the best way to distinguish students' intelligence. Therefore, I don't recommend these tests.
I believe that the student can be intelligent in different field besides in science, math, and english. Also, if the student is not a good timed test taker, they will definitely do poorly on the these tests. Therefore, they are not able to show their full potential. There are no correlation between GPA in college and standardized tests. Therefore, the students can be successful in elite colleges even though they hit average on the standardized tests. The government and the education system needs to find an alternate way to test the students for the college admission. This system is not a fair system and it may discourage many students.

No comments: